To my kids, I will always be known as Mom. The life that I had before them will be incomprehensible to them. I wish I had known my Mom before...just a glimpse at what life was like without me around. Although I'm sure she could have been a great many things, I'm so thankful that she chose, instead, to become my Mom. I definitely feel like I have a leg up on this motherhood thing because of all she taught me. And despite the pressure, worry, anxiety, heartache, etc., I feel so blessed to be a Mom myself.
Sunday couldn't have been a more perfect day. Everyone woke up in good moods, breakfast as a family, church for a great message, lunch at home, gardening while the kids took naps, dinner at a real restaurant with no tantrums, family game before bed, just perfect. Grayson was so excited about making me a Mother's Day card, that I got 2...one a few days before because he couldn't wait and then another on Sunday. It was so sweet.
2 comments:
Ah, that's a cute picture. I'm glad you had a good day & I know your kids are very blessed to have you as a Mom!
Thanks for sharing. Your kids are incredibly lucky to have you as their mom!! Miss you and glad everything's going well - think about you often!
LC
Post a Comment