Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Game and Party show

Grayson had his last soccer game this weekend. We saved the most competitive team for last...seriously couldn't believe my eyes or ears. I kept having to remind myself that this is a 3 and 4 year olds league. Grayson did take off with the ball a few times and managed to score a couple goals and play goalie ...he gets so in to it.The other team had cheers and one dad who was telling his son which foot to kick with and how to stop the ball and just pretty much yelled at him the whole time. The kid was really good but I just feel bad for him and all the pressure his Dad was putting on him. At the end, the other team had a tunnel and trophies for all the kids and a huge coach's present. I just don't think I'm ready for all of that.

We went to the zoo after the game for a multicultural event the zoo was hosting and then went to Cooper's 4th birthday party. It was an art party so it was all about creating messes:) The kids painted and tie dyed their own shirts, painted on a big palate, and created cupcake masterpieces. Matalley was all over the messiness. The shirts turned out really cute. Julie is so creative. She has some awesome artwork that she and Cooper have made (my favorite is a finger painted canvas...I'm going to have to try it with Grayson and Matalley). The boys also climbed all over the play gym and trampoline and couldn't leave the toy guns alone....boys will be boys, but look out, Matalley will not be left behind. Here she is sliding with a gun ("mine, mine" as she says)
And here is a pic of the boys' impromptu hug after Cooper opened Grayson's gift. They are too cute together. I was able to determine which gift to get Cooper by Grayson's reaction at the toy store if I said, "how about this?" and he walked away it was an obvious no, but if he responded with "no, I think we should get that for Matalley's birthday" (so I can play with it...he's no dope) then it was a go.

1 comment:

Amy Jane said...

Love the sliding with a gun....too funny!!! And the impromptu hug was absolutely precious. They look like such big boys.