I just can't help but do a quick write up of the events over the past hour. We left downtown on the square today because Matalley was screaming that she wanted Grayson's lemonade. (Mommy only packed one drink a piece for lunch today which was a huge mistake, so Grayson bribed a vendor into giving him some lemonade) I didn't want to upset the audience members so we left to listen to her screaming in the car. I told Grayson to hurry up and finish it in the car, but he is such a loving brother that he tried to give her a sip and spilled the entire glass of lemonade on her and her car seat. (I know it's my own fault...who in their right mind lets a 3 year old have an open container with no lid in the backseat?). So when we got home, I put her down for a nap and went back to the car to clean up the mess.
In the meantime, Grayson thought it would be a good idea to play with the video camera (I know, who leaves a video camera on the kitchen counter far enough back that you think no one can reach it, but somehow a 3 year old manages to climb up on said counter and grab it?). I walk in from the garage and notice that it is sitting not where it was and that it is on. So now I have 8 minutes recorded of Grayson playing with the camera...the last 7 and a half minutes of which is just a shot of the counter with the camera on it's side...thank goodness the battery ran out.
So, I tell Grayson to go potty and then just sit down and relax for a few minutes...no more messes. Apparently, he thinks that means he needs to soak his feet and proceeds to squeeze blue foot soak soap all over his feet and onto the carpet (I know, why in the world would I leave squeezable blue anything near the sink for a 3yr. old to find while washing his hands?) His punishment was to clean it up with the towel. After a few seconds of scrubbing he cries, "I don't want to keep cleaning it up, if I do, I will get tired and fall asleep right here."
I sympathize with my friends of more than 1 boy...I don't know how you do it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Wow, you are one busy mom!! Tell Grayson I know exactly how he feels - I'm going to use that line next time I have to clean! :)
Post a Comment