Friday, July 24, 2009

Anniversary Gifts, 9th=leather

Matt and I celebrated our 9th wedding anniversary with dinner out, just the 2 of us. It was nice and romantic! On our actual anniversary we met for lunch at McDonald's with the kids and I took them to jump-n-jive with one of Grayson's friends...didn't expect that 9 years ago.

The 9th year is the gift of leather, so rather than buy me a little leather mini-dress, Matt bought me a little mini-van with leather seats...oh the joys of being a Mom. Just kidding, I know the van will be awesome...more room, fancy gadgets, dvd, storage space, etc. It's just, you know, it's a VAN. Can't fool anyone anymore about my Mom status...the van proves it:)

The van is slightly earlier than we had planned, but Matalley and I were in a small car wreck last week. A Toyota Tundra tuning left out of a parking lot failed to see me, and despite my best efforts of slamming on the breaks, we hit. The size of his car versus the size of the honda civic were too much for the civ. It's 10 years old and as you can see from the picture below, would have required body work to most the front...definitely not worth the insurance adjuster's estimates. Notice the tundra barely has any damage to the left, front wheel well.Ironically, I was driving Matt's car that day because our VW was in the shop getting the air conditioning fixed. I called Matt from the accident in a panic because Grayson, who was at dinosaur camp, needed to be picked up and obviously I wasn't going to make it in time. I think I said to Matt, "I've been in a wreck and can't get out (the door had buckled and wouldn't open); I'm fine, but you need to go pick up Grayson." Click...Matt didn't have a car since I had dropped him off and I'm not sure he completely understood all that I said, but he was Superman to the rescue. Matt may have thought I did it on purpose. I've been wanting for a while to get rid of the civ, but rest assured, I did not do it on purpose...the other guy was ticketed for failure to yield right of way.

So we get a new van. Happy Anniversary to us!

1 comment:

Lil'Mama said...

Glad everyone is safe! See ya in a week roomie! :)