Monday, July 13, 2009

We're Back

We just got back from San Antonio where we experienced the riverwalk, zoo, Witte museum, Sea World, and spent lots of time in the pool. Not sure how we will handle this back to reality thing...so far we're sleep deprived and therefore testing the limits a little too much. Below are some funny moments from the trip along with our photo montage...

At one point I told Grayson that there was a car accident and he said, "Accidents are when you teetee in your pants and when you hit someone."

Grayson was playing with his etch-sketch and he says to me, "Mom, my video game is broken. I think it needs new batteries."

Trying to get the kids to nap after the zoo, Grayson tells Matt that he is going to have to get a new Mommy and Daddy because we were both mad at him. The next day, at nap time, Grayson tells me "I know I told you I was tired, but I'm not really now." As of 3 weeks ago, I quit making Grayson take a nap. He still has quiet time, but if he sleeps during the day, it makes it difficult for him to get to sleep at a decent hour at nap. Vacations are different though since we were staying out so late at night...he really needed his sleep.

Matalley played peek-a-boo with my hair on the airplane(she grabs on to both sides and pushes her arms together covering my face with my hair like a curtain, then pulls it apart and says "peeboo."

The first day we went swimming and then went to the Riverwalk in the evening. On the boat, Matalley waved to everyone on the street. She is in this phase where she will try to get anyone's attention so that she can say hi. We also visited the Alamo which Grayson did not want to do. Matt had told him about the battle and he said, "well let's not go there."

The next day, I took the kids to the zoo and Rainforest Cafe for lunch. The zoo is a great place for bird lovers...there is an aviary around every turn....not so good for me. I put on my brave Mom face and took the kids into the Lorikeet feeding cage. One of them bit Grayson while he was feeding it nector....fueling my reasons for not liking birds. Grayson LOVED the Rainforest Cafe and requested every day that we go back (we did not). Matalley coated herself in mac'n'cheese which had to feel gross after being coated in sweat from the zoo. Oh well, that's what swimming pools are for:)

Bobo and Pops joined us for a day at the Witte Museum and then watched the kids so Matt and I could have a night out. The Witte museum had a music sculpture on the top floor outside that the kids really enoyed "playing" on. I might try to build one someday.

The hotel we stayed at was awesome...I highly recommend the Hyatt Hill Country Resort. Not only did they have a lazy river and other fun swimming pools, but you could ride horses, rent bikes with training wheels on them, watch a movie outside with smores, and the kids could be their normal loud selves without me feeling too guilty.

The last day we went to Sea World. We saw 8 shows, including a 4-D movie which freaked us all out at some point. Grayson was shaking from the bee attack, Matalley didn't like the "bird poop" drops and Matt and I jumped when the crabs started crawling. I didn't get splashed with any fish water which was very good(yes, I dislike fish as well....aren't I a good Mommy to set aside my fears for the kids?). All in all, it was a GREAT trip!!

3 comments:

Amy, Braden & Jackson said...

Looks like it was a fun trip!! I LOVE San Antonio!:)

Amy Jane said...

Great pictures! Seems like everyone had fun and got really sweaty. Ha! Ha!

Lil'Mama said...

What a fun trip!