Thursday, September 3, 2009

Enough TV

Most mornings I watch the news while getting ready for the day. I'm not glued to the tv, but I pay attention. Grayson came by yesterday morning and turned the tv off. He turned to me and said, "You've watched enough TV for today."

Tuesday was back to school night for us. In Grayson's classroom, the teacher had a sheet for us to fill out with G's likes and dislikes, allergies, and other getting to know you questions. One question was about fears. I couldn't think of anything, so I said to Grayson, "You don't have anything that you are afraid of do you?" He replied, "No, well Monsters of course, but that's because they're crazy." He said it so matter-of-fact, like it was implied that everyone is afraid of monsters.

Tuesday we also had a photo shoot with Backyard Adventures for their 2010 catalog. Both Matalley and Grayson were models so we'll see if they get chosen for any shots. There were 6 sets but each was shot individually so they'd build the set (in like 15 minutes), get the kids playing on it, take a bunch of pictures, stop, take it down, and then set up another one. They kept trying to assign G to the rock wall and he refused to climb it because he "couldn't" make it to the top...really, I think he just wanted to be able to see the camera via the slide because later that evening, he had NO problem climbing the rock wall at school.
Grayson is also very into dressing himself these days and pretend play. It's funny to see him come out fully dressed in the morning in royal blue shorts with red side stripes and an orange dinosaur shirt. He likes to play tigers or dinosaurs, which involves a lot of roaring. He also likes his swords, guns, and costume drawer.
These days, Matalley talks a lot but I can't completely understand everything. If you ask her a question, she usually responds with "ya, ya" in a sort of quick hushed whisper. She LOVES to brush her teeth and if she's sees water running, will strip down as quickly as possible...the girl likes showers and baths. She's also very good at cutting her eyes at you and giving dirty looks. I don't have anything to worry about as far as the second child being over shadowed by the strong personality first child!!

1 comment:

Shelley Roberts said...

Grayson completley cracks me up!! I agree with him though... monsters are crazy!