Monday, September 14, 2009

Witching Hour

Today was angelic until the witching 6 o'clock hour. Here are my 2 angels a half hour before 6, teasing and playing with each other. They built a pillow fort in our living room and brought in blankets and books to read while they jumped and hollered. It was quite sweet until 6 o'clock when I asked them to pick up the pillows while I made dinner. They complied traipsing pillows one by one to the bedrooms. I went off to make dinner and all was quiet...a little too quiet. After putting the pork chops and beans in the oven, I went off to find my brood. Behind bedroom door 1, I found an empty toilet paper roll. Behind bedroom door 2, I found an empty plastic tub. Behind bedroom door 3, I found 2 kids painted head-to-toe white with a concoction of lotion, baby oil, diaper ointment, vaseline, and water. Scraps of toilet paper were stuck to their legs, doll cups and bottles from the empty tub had been used to mix everything together, and Matalley had completely emptied a vaseline jar by rubbing it all over her hair. A bath with 5 shampooings did not remove all the goop. She has permanent styling gel in her hair...anyone have any ideas? On a good note, all the pillows were put away and at least they were playing with each other instead of screaming.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

And where is the picture of them after their little escapade???

lil' mama said...

I read this post to Luke and he asked to see pics too!

Kalley said...

Yes, if only they hadn't been covered in so much goop. I didn't want it to get any worse. I just turned right around and started the bath tub. They marked up my walls and floor just walking to the tub. I was so proud of myself for not getting angry.

Amy Jane said...

My hairdresser and her co-horts recommended baking soda to remove the permanent hair gel, if you're still looking for a remedy.

Susan said...

Yes, baking soda is good. You can even add a little white vinegar too. It's helps add shine without stripping and as you know gives baking soda a little working fizz.

Way to go Mom for not getting mad. You are such a great Momma!

BTW, Jacob gets like that from 5 -7 pm...drives me a little nutty.