Wednesday, September 16, 2009

To nap or not to nap?

This is a picture of Grayson not taking a nap...
He told me he was just going to sit there until I came and got him. We've been struggling with the afternoon nap for a couple of months now. If he takes one, just a quick half hour nap, then he's up until 10/10:30 and whipped the next day. If he doesn't take one, he starts getting really cranky around 6/6:30 but goes to bed at 9/9:30 which is normal bedtime. So I explained to Matt, while the kids were in earshot but not paying attention, that on days when we'll be going to church for bible studies in the evening, G definitely needs to take a nap because we get home around 9 anyway, so it's okay for him to be up a little later and not cranky during church. Well apparently Grayson was paying attention because now if I ask him to take a nap during the day, his immediate response is, "Wait, we didn't go to church today."

1 comment:

petiteblogger said...

I made the mistake of telling Dawson that once he started Kindergarten, he wouldn't have to take naps anymore since it's afternoon Kindergarten- well, he's used to taking naps in the afternoon so he's been a wreck since starting school. I try to get him to take an occasional nap in the morning and he reminds me "I don't need to take naps anymore- I'm in Kindergarten!" Don't you wish they didn't listen so much every once in a while?