G (screaming): Mommy, please don't do this to me. I'm so brokenhearted. Please don't leave me in here.And then all night long I worried that he was going to sneak out of the house in the early morning...thankfully he is still a little boy.
Me: Grayson, I'm sorry you chose to keep crying, instead of watching your show, but it's night-night time.
G: I'm going to turn into a bear.
Me: Why?
G: Because I don't like being a little boy.
Me: Why not?
G: Because you just send me to my room.
Me: But, I will be very sad if you turn into a bear. I like having a little boy.
G: You can get a new little boy.
Me: But I like you. Don't we have fun together baking cookies, singing songs, playing dinosaurs, and going to the park?
G: Matalley can do that with you.
Me: But if you are a bear, you might get cold at night sleeping outside.
G: I will dig a cave to sleep in that will keep me warm.
Me: But if you are a bear, you won't get to eat avocados, or pizza, or juice.
G: I'll eat berries, they have juice inside them.
Me: Well will you at least wait until morning to turn into a bear?
G: I will wake up in the morning, go outside, and turn into a bear.
Me: Please just come kiss me goodbye before you go.
Tuesday, October 6, 2009
A Bear Story
My conversation with Grayson last night after he chose to go to his room to complete his tantrum, rather than stay in the living room watching Dinosaur Train...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I see a children's book in the making. :)
How precious! David told me the other day he wanted to turn into a tiger because he was tired of my rules!
Precious!
How adorable!
It really does sound like a children's book in the making - that's the first thing I thought when reading it!
Post a Comment