Grayson calls me into his room, after I've already turned out the light, to say, "Mommy, my stomach has a cramp in it that will feel better if you give me some potato bread and a little bit of sprite."
I was lucky enough to sub for his teacher today. I loved seeing him interact with the other kids and it broke my heart when he came to me in the gym and said Bryce wouldn't play with him. I did have a little girl that refused to throw away her gum that she was playing with. I gave her a choice of throwing out her gum or going to the office and she refused and sat in the corner...so I just let her sit in the corner. A half hour later she started crying because the gum was stuck to her rear-end (I wanted to say, well that's what you get for not listening to me) but instead I spent 5 minutes trying to peel away the gum). All the while thinking, I could probably get in trouble for this....so, so, so glad I am not a teacher. Just glad it was a better experience than my sub job 2 weeks ago for the 3 year olds...limited focus and trouble keeping hands to oneself.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment