Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Go BU!

We had fun at Baylor Homecoming this past weekend and here are the pictures to prove it...

The trip down was fairly tame but Matalley would not take a nap until we were almost there...I started to panic that the whole weekend was going to consist of one tired, cranky girl. I love taking mini-vacations but, oh how I hate that my children become overtired and out of their element with no routine that they spend a large portion of the trip misbehaving. I just don't like that when we are visiting friends/family whom we don't see very often, they must think our kids are nuts all the time and really they are quite sweet. I know it's my pride talking so I just grin and bear it.

At every town, and you know there are tons along the route to Waco, Grayson would ask, are we at Mimi's yet? He was so excited to see her which I just love. She always plans something special for the kids which means they have extra good memories of her. We got to her house after the bonfire so the kids had fallen asleep in the car. Then next morning we had to leave so early for the parade that Mimi was still asleep. Grayson had a hard time not walking into her room to say good morning.

Grayson kept screaming for candy at the parade despite the fact that my purse was loaded with goodies he'd already gathered...every float that passed by was a disappointment if they weren't throwing stuff along with it.

The game was sad but fun to go to anyway, afterward we visited another friend, walked the suspension bridge and played at a park before heading over to Pop's 60th birthday party. At dinner, Grayson tried to get the attention of the waitress to tell her what he wanted (she had already gotten his order from me) and she just wouldn't pay attention. So finally he said, "Hey you in the Baylor shirt, I want a burrito." It was loud enough for everyone to hear. I couldn't help but praise him for his determination.

My Uncle Jim from Ohio was in Dallas visiting a friend so we were able to see him for a short visit. The kids were crazy but we ate a good lunch and then got back on the road to Amarillo.

1 comment: