Friday, December 18, 2009

Some broken additions

I know the list will never end, but here are 2 more..
  • In July, I was in a car wreck in Matt's car because the Volks was in the shop for a broken air conditioner and I totaled the car (not my fault) so we bought the van and Matt began driving the Volks. In August, he was in a minor fender bender (his fault) so the Volks was in the shop getting the front end redone. In November, he was in a minor fender bender again (not his fault this time) and so we have to get the back bumper replaced. We're having to sue the other guy's insurance company in order to get it paid for. 2 nights ago at out small group Christmas party, one of our friends accidentally backed out of the driveway and hit the front end of the volks so we have to get the front end replaced again...it's a bad luck car, I think, even though I absolutely love it.
  • This morning, Grayson put some library books we had just checked out (It's the first time we've checked out books from the library in a month due to Grayson ripping out 3 pages of one of the Encyclopedia's we had checked out from the library...he told me he wanted to give Matt and I pictures of the animals.) on top of the DVR in the living room and they fell off, smashing one mercury candle holder and a large glass Santa figurine into the toy box below...there is glass everywhere, mixed in with toys, and still a broken vacuum cleaner.
I told Grayson that if he breaks one more thing, I'm calling Santa and telling him to keep his toys...we don't need more toys in the house if we can't take care of the stuff we have. So now I'm feeling guilty, mostly because I'm betting that another accident is bound to happen in the next 7 days (it's been one a day for the past 2 weeks) and I'm going to have to eat my words.

No comments: