Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Crazy Week is Over!

Ahh, what a week it has been. I was in charge of a luncheon Friday for the Junior League. We hosted Jill Conner Browne, THE Sweet Potato Queen. She was HILARIOUS and I think it went really well. I've only heard positive comments and I know it made money so I am pleased. The anticipation of the event was stressful though...decorating, last minute details, and then after the event, we had to change everything over for the gala that evening. My in-laws kept the kids to lessen the stress and they had fun.

Matt was at our Church's men's retreat the weekend before and the church hosted a Mother-Daughter tea. Little Matalley was so sweet in her boa and hat. Of course, she was done with the whole thing about 10 minutes into it so I took her to the nursery and went out to my car to read the Sunday paper...I needed the quiet:)

We had some really nice weather this week so I got a few pics of the kids playing in the front yard. So glad they have each other. Grayson is like Matalley's security blanket. As long as he's with her, she can take on the world:) Today at our playdate, Matalley saved Grayson a seat and later he made sure she got some more fruit.Our biggest news this week is that we made an offer on a house tonight. Monday we decided that maybe we should take advantage of the tax break so I called up a Realtor friend, looked at some houses yesterday and we made an offer on one today. It's been on the market for almost a year so you'd think our chances were pretty good. Wouldn't you know that someone else made an offer an hour later? We're still waiting to hear, but do not plan to get into a bidding war. Ah, patience:) Grayson's thoughts about moving...He prefers houses with pictures of cars in the front. Why? Because until this morning, he didn't realize that we would take our furniture with us. I guess he assumed that we inherit the house with the furniture and cars out front. He did ask this morning how all our stuff would fit into our car for the move so now he's excited to see the really big truck.

2 comments:

lil' mama said...

Very exciting news about the house. I hope it works out. Love the brother/sister bond those two have. Way to go mama!

Susan said...

YEAH!!!!