Today was a really good day. So far this summer has not been what I imagined. With trying to keep the old house clean, updating the new house, and then moving while keeping the old house staged, we just haven't had the carefree, relaxed days that make summer so much fun. But we're working on it.

We've been to the pool a ton and then this week, Grayson has had a weather class at the science museum and Matalley has had music class. After I picked Grayson up today, we had a picnic at the park and played on the playground. The wind was perfect and we had a shady spot under a tree with a beautiful view of a pond with ducks and blue sky. And the kids were relaxed too, happy to eat their lunches and just enjoy the slower pace. We also went to Wonderland (a local amusement park) the other night with friends.

It was dollar entry night but oddly not crowded so the kids rode a ton of rides, including the scrambler.

Matalley couldn't even see over the bar but cracked up the ENTIRE time. I thought for sure the kids would get sick but they had too much fun.

Grayson has REALLY loved his class...I don't know if they are cramming a ton it or if he just remembers every detail but he won't stop talking about rain, snow, tornados, hurricanes, clouds, etc. Yesterday he said he wanted to be a weatherman and when I asked him more about it, he said, "oh, wait, no, I still want to be a policeman."Matalley LOVES music class. Sings along and dances and just does whatever the teaches says to do. She's known as the little jumping bean in class. Dancing for her usually culminates with a hopping twirl to the beat.

I finally finished one part of my kitchen...still have the cabinet doors to do but the breakfast nook is done. Here is a before shot:

And these are the after shots:


No comments:
Post a Comment