Thursday, July 15, 2010

Move in day?

No, we are not moved in yet. Close, but not yet. I tell my friends around here that I don't want to talk about it....otherwise it might throw me into a depression spiral. I told Matt, if we believed in Karma, then we did something bad for all the "little" things that have gone wrong on this new house purchase. Thankfully, we believe Jesus is just showing us how to appreciate when things go just right. Plus, I am trying to keep my little cousin Nicholas on my mind. He's like the modern version of Pollyanna so I call him the glad boy and I just need him sitting on my shoulder. With the slab leak, flooring issues, cleaning help, current house on the market showings, psycho neighbor problems (including a new encroachment issue), health scares, price misquotes, insurance run around, etc, I could seriously write a pity me book. The stress has caused me to think about seeking psychiatric help because I have thoughts at least once a day of just running away and starting over (seriously, I do). I just want to enjoy the summer with the kids. I'm tired of spending our evenings at the new house getting things ready so that we can move in; I just want to move in. And I'm hoping that happens this weekend. We'll see.

I am thankful that we have at least one nice neighbor, or at least she appears that way. She brought us over apricots from her tree 2 weeks ago. I put them in the fridge thinking I would make something with them when I got the house done...ha, ha. So tonight, I pulled them out and although half of them had to be thrown away, I was able to make some apricot butter...my first canning experience without my Mom or Yaya. Sadly, I had enough for just one jar which I will give to my sweet neighbor in hopes that she might share some more fruit with me later on(it was a lot of work for just one jar:). For all my Amarillo friends, I promise to host a house party canning party before the end of the summer...we have some salsa and jalapeno jelly to make!!

Also managed to make a batch of thumbprint cookies tonight for a friend who had a baby 3 weeks ago and is moving tomorrow. (I have a really good recipe that is super easy and fun to do with the kids). I took food by her house Monday and she was in the midst of boxing things up. Can you imagine 4 kids under the age of 4, one of which is getting up every 2 hours to eat, and moving on top of that? I have another friend who moved into a new house and delivered her baby the next day. That was 2 weeks ago and when I took her food, her house was completely unpacked and the boys were napping. Seeing them is another good reminder that my life is not SOOO crazy.

All of that to say that life throws us curve balls and it's not necessarily the life we dreamed of but it's still fun. I got to visit with one of my best friends from college as she was driving through town with her family this week. Our kiddos are close in age, so they had fun playing and trading silly banz (has this bracelet craze reached your town yet?) while we chatted quickly...they had to get on the road. She was another sweet reminder of how good my life has been and I'm so glad we can pick up where we left off. Hope it's not another year until I see her again. Next time, I at least hope we are in the new house!!

1 comment:

lil' mama said...

Love you Kalster. Love how real you are. Love that you got to see Julie too.