Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Round 2

Besides the sonogram, Yiayia and Bompa also came early for Christmas so that they could watch the kids' school Christmas program. Sadly my camera died before I could take enough pictures but it just allowed me to focus on the chaos that followed. It had to be the FUNNIEST program ever. Grayson was in the back right (sat on the wrong side again this year) with 5 other little boys/birds standing in front of a microphone (he's the 6th one in from the back right). They stood up there pleasantly enough until the singing started and then it was a fight over the microphone with most of them giggling their way through the songs. I don't think they realized they were on stage. Matalley was in the front as a cute little bunny (4th or 5th kid from the right, in the front row) and had to go potty halfway through the program. Both kids had practiced their songs with me and I had seen Matalley and her cute hand motions for the one song she missed while she was in the bathroom. I was quite sad that she missed out on her favorite song, but she didn't care. She was just excited to be up on stage. There were also the random yelling kids, ones picking their noses, waving to mom and dad, jumping up and down, and general disorder you would find among 80 preschoolers. It was cute and nice that both sets of grandparents were there to see the finale.
I can't say that I had high expectations for the program after witnessing the 4 and 5 year olds sing at the VA last week. I had the privilege of driving these 3 to the hospital. G's teacher has to have a LOT of patience. My kid would be the one with the broken antler:)

No comments: