Thursday, December 23, 2010

Candy Cane Crack

I don't know if it's the Christmas cookies, candy canes, presents under the tree, or what but man, my kids are on a sugar high these days. I can't get them to calm down and I'm going nuts! How many more days until Christmas? I need a shirt with a list of the things I repeat about 20 times a day so that I can just point to it, instead of wasting my voice: calm down, you can have a cookie later, pick up the legos before I step on another one, leave your sister alone, eat your food, no snacks we're about to eat breakfast/lunch/dinner, quit wrestling, leave Abbey alone, do you want a spanking?, I'm going to call Santa and tell him not to bring anything, go to your room, whisper, keep your voice down, shh, be patient, hurry up, aackk! You're driving me nuts.

It started with YiaYia and Bompa's visit. Round 3 of their trip was the opening of Christmas presents...or at least the ones from Colorado. Grayson couldn't wait to open the next present. Matalley however was perfectly content to play with the one she had just opened and required some convincing to put down the toy for the next gift. Loving on her baby doll with new clothes to match her own outfit.Grayson told me last night he didn't need to visit Santa again; he's already ordered what he wants.

No comments: