I'm not big on little fibs to kids but at 4 in the morning, sometimes things just slip out. About 6 months ago, Grayson was going through a monster phase. He had trouble sleeping or going back to sleep if he woke up because he was worried there were monsters. One early morning I happened to mention that monsters don't live in Amarillo, they live in Michigan. Not that I have anything against Michigan, but after visiting it for a grad school interview in the middle of January, I decided that I would NEVER live there...just planned to visit the Henry Ford Museum in Detroit someday when I had kids. Grayson and I have had quite a few conversations about Michigan; why people live there; if monsters there are mean, etc. So how could I ever imagine I would escape the day that that little fib would come back to haunt me? Today we stopped to help an elderly couple looking at a map. I asked them where they were headed and of course they answered, "Michigan." Grayson didn't understand why anyone would want to go to Michigan; he is seriously concerned for the couple. To top it off, when we got home, we met the neighbors behind us and wouldn't you know they are from Michigan? I'm hoping we don't have issues tonight:)
Ironically we have had Michigan like weather today...we have enjoyed the van. The weather is 24 outside and is expected to be below 0 tomorrow with winds up to 50 mph so I thought we might get out to a museum and have a picnic lunch there as well. Of course, I didn't check to make sure that the museum was actually open today so there was disappointment when we arrived and it was closed. Instead we had our picnic in the car while we watched the crazy geese. (Forgot to mention that on Friday when it was so perfectly warm, we fed the geese and Matalley almost was accosted by a goose looking for bread in her little hand).

Matalley got comfortable for the show:)
No comments:
Post a Comment