Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Snow Day

I think I'm the only person in Amarillo that was praying today wasn't a snow day. I had a full schedule planned:
8:55 am drop the kids off at school
9:00 am bible study
10:30 am Meet the florist for an event I'm planning
11:30 am Grab a quick bite to eat
12:00 pm Planning team meeting for Church
12:30 pm Salon appointment
1:15 pm Grocery Store
2:00 pm Pick up the kids from school
2:30 pm Grayson hair appointment
3:30 pm Nap time/Quiet time while I cook dinner for a friend who had twins
5:00 pm Deliver food to my friend and another meeting at church for a different planning group
6:00 pm Prepare our family dinner
6:30 pm Eat our family dinner
8:00 pm Meeting for Junior League
9:30 pm Kids in Bed, computer time for me:), and preparations for the next day
11:00 pm Time to Rest, YAY!

Sadly, the snow/ice slowed things down a bit. Bible study was canceled so I went early to the florist but then the florist appointment went long so I didn't get lunch when I was supposed to and then this happened to the dinner for my friend. Thank you Glad (the shells had to cook an hour and at 45 minutes when I removed the tin foil, they were doing just fine. At some point after that, the plastic started to melt and completely ruin the meal). I was so preoccupied with the melting mess, that I burned the carrots on the stove. I had to load up the kids and go back to the grocery store to grab a quick meal for my sweet friend who ended up getting a non-homemade but hopefully delicious grocery deli dinner an hour later than she expected. Never-mind that the wind chill factor was -20 and it was the witching hour. I missed my church meetings but lets face it, I was a little overbooked. I'm just thankful that it wasn't technically a snow day and that we are warm and cozy in our house tonight. I'm also thankful for an amazing husband who cleaned up the nasty oven with melted plastic and gave the kids a bath while I was at my evening meeting.

Matalley was SOOO excited to see snow on the ground this morning. She was ready to go build a snowman before her pjs were off. Sadly, it wasn't that kind of snow. And, after the windy day we had, I didn't feel comfortable scraping snow up to make snow ice-cream for dessert. I hope the next snow is a good snow day and perfect for snowball fights and snowangels.

No comments: