Sunday, March 6, 2011

Lay off the Weight

I know I'm ultra sensitive during pregnancy but the past few days I've been on overload. Yesterday I attended a friend's baby shower in which I knew one other person there. Oddly, I was approached by 4 separate strangers who commented on my size...not in a good way. One who asked when I was due was surprised to hear that I was due 2 weeks after my friend, "but you are so much bigger than she is!" Well yes, I guess maybe I am, um, Thank you? Another one asked if I was due this week. "No, but thank you for noticing how large I am." Note, I also don't like to hear that I hardly look pregnant, because I do feel huge and noticeably not the same size I was 8 months ago so discussion about weight to pregnant women should just be off limits, capiche?!?

Friday, I made plans around a meeting I had at 8am for an event I'm planning. After waiting for 20 minutes, I found out the meeting was actually scheduled for 10. Thinking it was my spacey mind, I fretted about how flaky I must have appeared and frantically tried to reschedule child care and work around Matalley's gymnastics class so that I could attend the meeting. I pushed the meeting back to 11, Matt got a ticket speeding to the house to watch the kids while I went to the meeting and of all things, the email I had received regarding the time of the meeting did indeed say 8. So it was sender error, not reader error. Not that it couldn't happen...I did forget to put an engagement on my calendar for Thursday at 10 and at 10:15 received a text forcing me to leave my cart at Target to get to it (I was the speaker).

Friday night, Grayson fell out of his bed (a very rare occurrence) and bit through his bottom lip. Thankfully the bleeding stopped so we didn't rush off to the ER for stitches but it was scary to hear screaming in the middle of the night and he woke up with a super swollen bottom lip.

After a meal, the kids are expected to take their plates to the sink. Today, Matt reminded Matalley that she needed to take her plate and she replied, "I can't, my hands are tired." So Matt said maybe she needed to take a nap if they were that tired. She replied, "OK, and skipped merrily to her room." Not how we intended for that to go:)

1 comment:

lil' mama said...

Sending you hugs my friend! Thanks for making me giggle with the Matalley story :)