Matt was away for the weekend at a partner meeting in Vegas (I think it's interesting that as partners working in the same firm, they can't just have their meetings at the office:) so I was alone with the kiddos. We started with gymnastics. Matalley is very coordinated; walks on the low balance beam without assistance and of course jumps very high on the trampoline. She also likes swinging from the trapeze bar. Somehow she got a scratch on her chin that looks like 3 mini pimples.

We had lunch at the park for our first outdoor picnic of 2011. I'm glad we did it on Friday because Saturday was noticeable colder....good soccer playing weather.


Then we decided to go out for lunch (mainly because I was starving) and then headed over to the mall for a few small items. We decided to see a matinee of Tangled and then chilled at home watching basketball Saturday night. Matalley fell outside and hit her nose on a toy car.
After church this morning, Matalley bonked her head on the tile floor and has a goose egg on her forehead. Combined with the previous days' injuries, she's getting quite the reputation.

Still a sweet, sweet face though...Ironically, her behavior is anything but sweet. I don't know if it's Ihpity's impending arrival or the terrible 3'sbut man is she trying my patience. And nothing seems to be working (timeout, spankings, taking things away, etc.). Tonight we all went to Braum's for ice cream after dinner. Due to misbehavior, Matalley did not get any ice cream, just a glass of water. Sitting in the booth, while the rest of us are enjoying our dessert, she says, "I'm so glad we came to Braums so I could have water!" Then she poses with her smiling face. Is she sarcastic or sweet? I can't tell. I'm calling her my wet noodle....clingy, whiny, overdone.
Thankfully Grayson is not acting up...he's been very compliant the past few weeks. And he sure missed his Daddy this weekend...everytime I turned around this evening, Grayson was hugging Matt.

Just so you all know, Matalley changes diapers and puts the baby in the carseat and crib. Occasionally the baby gets timeout....lots of babies facing walls in our house tonight.

It was a fun weekend...sweet memories before Ihpity arrives which could be anyday now. I'm amazed at how much longer it takes me to do everything when I have this basketball for a belly. Last week it took me 3 hours to clean all the bathrooms (granted they needed some deep cleaning, but non pregnant, it would have taken me an hour tops). Just getting up from tying Matalley's shoe takes soooo much energy. Also should point out that Matt makes a really good buffer for me when the kids climb into bed in the morning. Without him here, both were clinging to each side of me and then Ihpity was kicking from the inside....I felt like a trash compactor or maybe I'm the wet noodle:)
1 comment:
Kalley, you are awesome!!!!
Post a Comment