Matt and I got to watch some very good basketball at the second round of the March Madness Tourny in Denver....we took a break in between sessions at the bar across the street which was also crazy because of the Irish love. The kids stayed with YiaYia and chose to go to McDonalds instead of the zoo. Matalley asked YiaYia to give her something in the car and when YiaYia complied, Matalley said, "Thanks YiaYia, you listen to me!" (As opposed to her Mommy, who ALWAYS seems to have something else on her mind....I know that my kids repeat things like 20 times before I pay attention and sadly, I get so frustrated when they don't pay attention to me after 2 times of saying something).Friday at the science museum, Grayson asked about 2 carnivorous dinosaurs of the same species that were eating each other (gross but you know, they're dinosaurs). He said, "Aren't they on the same team?" When Matt said, "I don't think any dinosaurs were on the same team," Grayson replied, "Um, there are herds of dinosaurs!?!?" Matt and I both looked at each other dumbfounded and I said, "You're right Grayson. You are so smart. You are going to be...." And then Grayson chimed in (a little snotty), "like a palentologist?!?!"
The kids enjoyed the pirate exhibit in which Grayson learned that pirates didn't bury their treasure, they spent it. And Matalley learned that she really doesn't love exhibits not catered to 3 year olds. I bet she'd feel differently if the exhibit had a princess in it.
The swelling phase of my pregnancy has started...toes look like mini-sausages. Today someone told me I "really look pregnant now." I wanted to say, "Yeah, what's your excuse?" but I refrained. I was also held up by the bagger at the grocery store who after watching me frantically try to pay, corral the kids, and keep everyone from staring at my screaming children, decided it would be a good time to give me his testimony as he took my bags to the car. Yes, I'm cranky:)
No comments:
Post a Comment