Sunday, April 17, 2011
Sunday's Child is bonny and blithe, and good and happy.
Today we welcomed Lola Kate into the world.
Although she was due Friday and I have been having painful contractions for a couple weeks, she decided today was the day. Contractions started about 9 last night (like every other night this week) and by 3am, they were still going strong about 3 minutes apart. Matt and I got to the hospital about 4am and by the time I was checked into a room, the contractions had slowed down to every 8 minutes (like every other night this week). I was beginning to think she would NEVER come out. But thankfully she arrived at 9:30 weighing 8 lbs 5 ou, 19 1/2 inches long.
Her first bath...loving her hands. She's going to be a tall one.
Grayson and Matalley were pretty tickled. Matalley says she is going to change the poopy diapers. She also wanted to wait, after noticing that Lola was about to receive a shot, to see Lola cry. Not sure if it was for sympathy or pleasure
She took a big swallow of gunk on her way out so she's acting full and not nursing. Prayers are appreciated that she will eat soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Welcome to the world little one! You look great friend and I love sassy Miss Matalley!
Post a Comment