Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Lunatic Fringe

I just caught Grayson playing air guitar on a make shift stage to "Lunatic Fringe." If only I had my camera!!

This past weekend included watching the Kentucky Derby while sipping mint tea. Grayson picked 'Animal Kingdom' even though I told him the odds weren't very good. Matalley picked 'Pants on Fire' because the jockey was a girl. After the race, Grayson told Matalley she was a "liar that Pants on Fire was going to win." He got a kick out of that and it all goes to show you how much Mommy knows about horse racing since 'Animal Kingdom' won.

Grayson also had his last soccer game of the season. He scored 2 goals, 1 of which was on a penalty kick...I don't think anyone on either team had practiced penalty kicks so they were all a little confused. I was cracking up at the parents yelling...."get in a line to block the kick, spread out," and "Grayson, you kick it!" Meanwhile the kids were scrambling to do what ever they could do to appease the parents and figure out what the ref was saying.

Sunday we had lunch in Plainview with Bobo and Pops for Mother's Day. The kids also painted birdhouses to hang in the back yard. I love their concentration.

No comments: