Lola made birth weight! Although our pediatrician assured us that we had nothing to worry about, she insisted that we bring Lola back every 3 days until she was back to 8 lbs. 5 ou. Force feeding an infant who is sleepy is not so much fun and I've had to set the alarm at night (sad that we can't enjoy our baby sleeping through the night). All of it paid off though when I took her in Friday morning and she was given the okay. Now I just need to focus on her 2 month check up. I feel like we're preparing for a State wrestling meet.
She has definitely been more alert the past few days. Whatever sleeping beauty spell she was under has finally worn off (although she is still a beauty). She's now into the 'please hold me when I am awake' phase which means chores take a REALLY long time. This past weekend Matt was away on a church men's retreat so Grayson and Matalley went to Bobo's house to spend some time with Tia and Bobo.

That left Lola and me home alone and it was oh so quiet (a little lonely quiet actually). I was ready for them to all come home even though I didn't get anything accomplished since I was holding Lola most the time.
She's started smiling but I haven't been able to catch a good picture. This is the closest I've come. It's so cute!


With two older siblings loving on her, I'm sure she'll be cooing and giggling lots in the next few weeks.
No comments:
Post a Comment