Thursday, June 9, 2011

Spilling Sink

Lola is almost 8 weeks and starting to bat at objects and converse with her stuffed animal friends. I know all Moms think their babies are beautiful but I can't get enough of her. She's gorgeous and if I could bottle the smell of her head, I would. It's intoxicating!We have jumped into summer with 100 degree temperatures. I've attempted the pool twice but with the heat, I hate to have Lola out too long even if we are in the shade. I also can't get to the kids as quickly, should they have a freak out moment in the pool, when I have to be near Lola in the shade instead of sitting on the pool edge. Thankfully we've had vacation bible school keeping us busy this week and some friends came over yesterday.

Nate and Grayson played legos and ninjas, while Matalley and Asa played Bob the builder, babies, and dress up. Matalley is a princess and Asa is a witch. Later the witch kidnapped the princess and the ninjas came to her rescue. She was pretty pleased with herself.

Yesterday I commented on her growing older and someday leaving home and she said, "I'm going to live with you when you are old." I told her I'd remind her of that someday.

Grayson informed me that Lola lies like a pancake, except she's not flat. I thought that was a pretty good/funny analogy.

Today while I was feeding Lola, Grayson and Matalley decided it was a good time to wash dishes(Mom is occupied, so let's make a mess!). They were giggling and it was just water (with a TON of soap in there) and I didn't have then energy to explain why it was a bad idea (like water EVERYWHERE). I just eavesdropped and that was pretty fun for me. Two things overheard that caused me some concern, but again, I was preoccupied:
Matalley- "Should we wash this sharp knife?"
Grayson- "Matalley, stop, the sink is spilling!"

No comments: