Sunday, July 10, 2011

First week of July

We had an uneventful trip back from Colorado and made it home in time to enjoy the 4th of July in Amarillo.
We waited 45 minutes for the kids to get faces painted after enjoying a picnic dinner. Then we watched a light show while listening to the symphony. Light shows aren't as spectacular as fireworks, especially when screensavers are under appreciated. The symphony was nice though.We celebrated my birthday this week. Have to say that my mood that day might be something the kids go to therapy for 20 years from now. I always struggle a little when I return home from Colorado and the longer we are there, the harder I fall. Add onto that lack of sleep and kids that are off their schedule and it makes for an emotional Mommy. Lola is expressing my opinion of that morning (not appropriate but funny, eh?). Thankfully the Bobo and Pops took us to dinner and brought cake so the frown turned upside down.I also received lots of sweet calls and messages.

And the kids were back to normal within a day or two.

1 comment:

lil' mama said...

Oh that Lola! Funny girl!