We tried to pack in as much as possible this week since school starts Monday. On top of the gazillion piles of laundry, we went to the discovery center twice, visited school twice, went to the pool twice, and went to Wonderland and the library once (Grayson's last story time for a while). Upon visiting the school, we met his teacher and visited the library and cafeteria. I told Grayson I'd make him his lunch (a luxury in my mind since I never took my lunch to school) and he informed me that "they have a cafeteria Mom." So I guess Grayson will be eating from the lunch lady.
Grayson finally slid down the slides at the pool. I've tried to get him to go down the last 3 summers to no avail and he finally got the nerve on Friday to attempt it. Man my heart hurts to watch him grow up so fast but I'm so excited for him at the same time.

He rode the roller coasters at Wonderland Thursday night. Matalley wasn't quite tall enough which bummed her out but I think next year she'll be just right.
Today was mindfest at the science museum and Matalley refused to walk on the oobleck because it looked messy (tell me she isn't just like her Aunt Krissy). They took apart a car, made diet coke fountains (which got them each a little wet), learned how to eat fire and make coffee creamer fireballs (will have to watch them to make sure they don't try that at home), made marshmallow shooters (Matalley was very interested in eating the marshmallows), took apart toys (both preferred playing with the toys; neither cared too much for the dismantling much to the dismay of their Dad....that was his favorite thing to do as a kid) and building cushions for breakables that were dropped from over 50 feet high (Grayson's apple survived).
They had a blast.
No comments:
Post a Comment