A busy week always puts me behind on blogging and we had such a great week! We started off last Friday greeting YiaYia at the airport. She watched the kids while Matt and I went to a Super Fun (that's Matalley's latest description word) 40th birthday celebration. Then YiaYia drove back with me and the kids to Denver to get ready for the wedding. I tried to keep the kids out of the way by taking them to the zoo. We got there early enough to see the big animals pretty active.


My one mistake was allowing Grayson to direct us with the map...he knew every exhibit that we had been to so I couldn't shortcut the zoo and get home before everyone was overtired. It all worked out though. We also visited my college roomie and her three kiddos for a playdate.

Matt flew in Thursday and we were off to Steamboat for the most spectacular wedding. Even with all the last minute snafus (Matalley getting into red lipstick and smearing it all over the front of her white flowergirl dress seconds before walking down the aisle), the wedding was just beautiful. At one point I grabbed Matalley to take some more pictures. She asked, "Is this the day I get to do whatever I want?" I replied "yes" without thinking and she replied, "Well then, I choose not to take any pictures." She's such a smartie. The kids fell asleep before the
first dance, which was a flash mob dance to "Footloose," but I think they had a great time. I've included a montage of photos....
People kept asking us if these three were triplets which cracked me up since they don't look alike and Lola is 6 weeks older but in all fairness, we did dress them alike.

We ended the weekend driving back to Amarillo with a quick stop to see some friends from NC who were out west for vacation.

We hadn't seen the Bell family since before Grayson was born...6 years ago. Time sure flies.
No comments:
Post a Comment