I ended up having Grayson cut out letters from a magazine to put together a ransom letter..."Come to Grayson's party or no goody bag!" Upon arrival, we took fingerprints to verify they were in good standing and they received a SWAT badge (homemade), black cap, nerf gun, and walkie talkie. We went old school with a game of cops and robbers, had target practice,
Tuesday, September 20, 2011
Another Year Older
We finally hosted Grayson's 6th birthday party this past weekend, a month late. I'm blaming the lateness on Grayson and his impossible theme...S.W.A.T. I begged him to pick something else (i.e. circus, superhero, fireman, anything really other than SWAT). For one, I can't really have 6 year old boys pretend to be SWAT officers busting in on a drug dealers' hideout. Two, weapons, in general, are frowned upon for 6 year old boys. I told him if he had a circus party, I'd dress up like a clown. He said, "You can't make balloon animals!" So I dragged my feet trying to come up with a fun party with a theme that I couldn't find anything (not even police badges) to purchase.
I ended up having Grayson cut out letters from a magazine to put together a ransom letter..."Come to Grayson's party or no goody bag!" Upon arrival, we took fingerprints to verify they were in good standing and they received a SWAT badge (homemade), black cap, nerf gun, and walkie talkie. We went old school with a game of cops and robbers, had target practice,
water balloon fight in the jail,
and lots of running around with guns, walkie talkies, and no shirts (they all insisted on taking shirts off after getting soaked with water balloons).
Matt and I were exhausted by the end of it but all in all, a successful difficult theme party.
I ended up having Grayson cut out letters from a magazine to put together a ransom letter..."Come to Grayson's party or no goody bag!" Upon arrival, we took fingerprints to verify they were in good standing and they received a SWAT badge (homemade), black cap, nerf gun, and walkie talkie. We went old school with a game of cops and robbers, had target practice,
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Super cute! How did Matalley do with all the SWAT boys?
Post a Comment