Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Series of Questions: Number 1

Thank you Colorado (not really) for snowing earlier than normal. In the past, it was ALWAYS Halloween and I'd have to wear a snowsuit under my costume making it not cute. This year, it ruined our plans of going to the pumpkin patch. Bum deal. Instead, we had an Oktoberfest experience at a little German restaurant. We were entertained by a friendly (but not smart) waiter. He described ham hocks as a pterodactyl bone with meat on it and asked me which salad I would like. Confused, I asked him what my options were and he replied, "ranch, Italian, blue cheese, etc."). He couldn't have been any nicer though, which brings me to my first question...Would you rather your kids be intelligent or polite? I'm thinking politeness is more likely to impress people these days.

We enjoyed time with Molly and Ellie and the kids visited the doughnut bank with Bompa...his bank provides doughnut holes on Saturday mornings, hence the nickname, even eliciting complaints at home that we don't have a doughnut bank. It was a quick trip but fun.An impromptu family picture...
Sweet Ellie...
We tried...The Grands...

No comments: