As I write this, Matt is watching a recorded BU game from 3 weeks ago in which we already know the outcome, we listened to in the car, and watched highlights via computer. If RG3 doesn't win the Heisman, I'm worried about what type of a Christmas we are going to have:)
I feel like a broken record but really what's new? I still tell Matalley 50 times a day to leave Lola alone so finding the time to write on the blog becomes a battle of my conscience...do I let Lola get attacked while I write on the blog, check email, read the paper, take a shower, etc. or provide some sort of activity distraction thereby creating a mess I will have to spend twice as long cleaning up. It is truly a dilemma and makes me want for a live in housekeeper. I'm pretty sure the bible frowns upon coveting so now I'm stuck in a cycle of guilt for letting my daughter rub her knees raw crawling to safety while I still secretly covet a lifestyle of excess. What a conundrum.
We just got back from a weekend of excess in Las Vegas. The amount of waste from buffets and elaborate decorations is almost sickening but we had a fabulous time. We went with 4 other couples and watched some complete the Rock 'n Roll half marathon (Matt and I were not among the runners). We ate lots of good food, slept in, rode a zip line, ice skated, shopped, watched lots of games, etc.


The kids stayed at home with YiaYia and Bompa and had a REALLY good time. I was worried, of course. It's one thing to be tired with 3 kids when you deal with them every day, it's a completely different experience to be dropped into it overnight...no time to ramp up the appropriate degree of wear and tear. Mom and Dad seemed to handle it just fine though and left us with a spotless house (my toaster now sparkles) and no laundry (although I have done 4 loads today just for the heck of it).
As for last week, we had a great Thanksgiving dinner at Mimi's.

The kids and I made a turkey with grape and cheese fruit skewers

but what they really enjoyed, besides playing with cousing Dylan, was going through her treasures. We helped move Mimi into an assisted living facility Friday and so she was busy packing up stuff and getting rid of more. Grayson replied, whenever I asked him to help me with something, "I can't Mom, we have to look at Mimi's junk." I got on to him and told him it wasn't nice to call it junk and that he should be more respectful. He replied, "But that's what Mimi call it." It's true.

We also enjoyed a wonderful meal with the McDannel clan at Uncle John and Aunt Jackie's home. They live just minutes away from the BEST mall Santa ever and so we enjoyed storytime and visit with Mr. Claus.

Grayson left Santa's lap bummed that he only told Santa he wanted legos and Matalley requested a Barbie Car (the big one that she drives). Santa was good to say that he couldn't always bring just want everyone wants, but he would bring them something they would like. I'm stuck trying to convince Matalley that we really have no place to put a convertible and that Santa can't fit it in his sleigh. ("But he's magic!" she says.) Grayson is convinced he was the real deal and these other Santa's we see are just actors. However, proving that Grayson doesn't just accept anything we tell him, he brought up an interesting question while we were decorating the Christmas tree, "What does Santa have to do with Jesus?" I swear, he's too smart for me.
So, vacations are over. Tonight, as I began panicking again with the stress of life and all that we need to do between now and Christmas, Matt says to me, "I want Vegas Kalley back." Me too; maybe I should put that on my wish list for Santa.
1 comment:
You make me smile Kalster:)
Loved the comment of Lola crawling to safety.
Glad you had fun in Vegas. Beautiful pic of you. You look like Brooke Shields.
Post a Comment