Sunday, March 18, 2012

Part Deux, 2

We are home and ready to start back on a routine. Or at least I am. Grayson and Matalley would prefer to stay in a hotel forever. Matalley did point out that if we lived in a hotel, the police might arrest us because, "people aren't supposed to do that." I guess in her mind, "supposed to" is legalistic terminology.

We went to the Waco zoo with Mimi and probably could have spent another hour or two there. I know Matalley loved singing songs with Mimi and Grayson was all about spewing out facts about the animals. Lola liked the fish...she kept reaching for them. We also got to meet cousin Allison's and her husband Brian's little boy, Sadler. He was a cutie.Then it was off to Dallas for a late lunch with friends. Grayson and Parker were best buds before his move to Dallas.
And finally, we made it to Lego Discovery Center. I was quite nervous after reading the reviews. I was kicking myself for even mentioning the possibility of going to it to Grayson. However, we were pleasantly surprised and the kids LOVED it. I highly recommend it for lego fanatics. The reviews said 2 hours max and we spent 4 hours there. Grayson could have stayed forever building things. He heard there is an even bigger amusement park in California and I don't think he's going to let us forget it until we go.We also made it to the Rainforest Cafe. I had to take a nostalgic picture in front of the tigers. In July 2009, it was Matalley crying in fear of the tigers.My sentiments about our spring break trip (not like this all the time, but for the most part:)We took a pic in front of the giraffe for Mimi:

No comments: