
Lola is officially a year old. Technically she was one year a day earlier due to our leap year but I'm still going by the date. During her checkup, we discovered that she is in the 2nd %ile for weight at 16 lbs 9.5 ounces and she is in the 10th%ile for height at 28 inches. Her head circumference is 45.4cm and I'm not sure what % that is. So she's small but perfectly healthy and content. I think all babies drop off some between 9 months and 12 months but I was thinking she'd be a little taller. That's usually what I tell people when they talk about how small she is. "She's skinny, but tall," (it seemed to ward off the stares over Matalley's size back when). Frankly, though I know people don't mean harm, I'm REALLY tired of hearing about how small little Lola looks. Last week someone asked me if she had been born a preemie. I especially get frustrated when they compare her to their own baby's size. How bad would it make people feel if I went around saying their baby was fat and asking if they were overfeeding him/her? I know that nursing has something to do with it...the growth charts are favored to formula fed babies, but a lot of it is just that she's a little girl. I love her no matter what her size though (and no, I will not feed her butter and sour cream just to get her more calories...I think it's stupid to create cravings for high fat foods just so they can struggle with their weight once their metabolism catches up to them).
She's not quite walking and I'm not really helping her all that much (once they start walking, the loss of parental control just explodes) but she is an excellent climber.

She also says uh-oh, nana (banana), bye-bye, more (which sounds like mum) and mama (which sounds like mummum) and then she repeats mama for a lot of other things too. She likes to giggle at her brother and sister and has started squealing loudly in public places to get attention. Her favorite foods are bananas (would eat 2 or 3 in a sitting if I let her), goldfish, and freeze dried yogurt drops.
And I love her. Happy Birthday Roller Skate!
No comments:
Post a Comment