Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Happy Mother's Day to Me

Yes, Happy Mother's Day...I drove back 8 hours from CO in a nasty hail storm that I thought was going to kill us since we were in the middle of NOWHERE (ie New Mexico between Raton and Clayton) and driving through hail stones was like walking on marbles and both Grayson and Lola threw up once.  My least favorite job as a Mom is cleaning up throw-up.  We did enjoy a nice dinner at an Italian restaurant with singing waiters and I was lucky to see my own Mom on Mother's Day so all in all, the day goes on the positive list.  But shouldn't every day be Mother's Day?  Why is thanking your Mom for giving you life reserved to one day a year?  I think it's crazy.  So ironic that I didn't grasp that until I became a Mom (what an egocentric thought right?).   So Mom, even though I don't daily express my gratitude for how selfless and generous you are to me, know that I think about it every time I listen to Matalley whine or Grayson flippantly tell me no or Lola scream in frustration.  I love you!

We were in Colorado for the weekend celebrating my Mom's birthday and Mother's Day.  As always it was too short a weekend and I didn't take any pictures.  Thankfully, someone had a camera or I would have missed out on this cute photo op...

 I received some lovelies from my lovelies:

1 comment:

Katherine Dodds said...

Nice to know you are appreciated. So cute! Thanks to all of you for the effort it took to be here this weekend. It meant a lot to me. Love you