I am back from a refreshing women's retreat in Santa Fe. It was my first time to leave Matt with all three kids and he took it all in stride. All those other Moms up there may have been worried about how their spouses were handling things on the home front but I was confident that Matt had it all in control. I think he was still glad to get me back home though:)
Sadly, Lola may have broken her arm while I was gone. I know it would have happened on my watch too but it's kind of funny that it happened on his. She fell from one of those little tyke slides in the church nursery. The doctor thinks it's a greenstick fracture (which is just what I had on the same arm when I was her age due to a fall off the couch and hitting my arm on the coffee table). We'll know more tomorrow when we have the xrays taken (our insurance for Matt's new job doesn't kick in until tomorrow). So with the wrist pain, Lola can't put pressure on it to crawl. She kind of scoots with her knees and then reaches with her good arm...it's slowed her down quite a bit. It might force her to walk though...she took multiple steps tonight (at least 8 in a row) and kept trying to do more. As long as we keep the advil regimen up, she is in pretty good spirits too. Here is a video of her playing peekaboo today while her sibs had swim lessons.
1 comment:
Oh poor girl! And Matt. Glad she's handling it well!
Post a Comment