Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Matalley's Extracurriculars

 After watching big bro through a few seasons, it's finally Matalley's turn to be the center of attention (like she wasn't before).  She likes basketball for the after game snacks, but I think she'll catch on eventually.  I love how easy going she is with it all...not a care in the world but having fun.  She's number 4.  Watch as she runs to her spot under the basket for defense and holds a pretty good stance, then backward bunny hops on down to help her teammate make a basket, then follows her man to the middle of the court where they all get down (it's like follow the leader).
 
Then she's also in ballet/tap and her recital is coming up.  She HATES going to dance.  I'm just trying to get her through to the recital and then she never has to do it again.  Of course when she's in college, she'll probably hate me for not keeping her in it but I will remind her of these battles we have going to class.  She wants to try gymnastics so maybe in the fall.   It's gotta be less expensive than dance (the costumes are ridiculous and cheaply made...Matalley's bow has already fallen off...it was hot glued on so I'm going to sew it on before the recital.  Then the pictures are as much as a photo session and the video is even more).  She is a great dancer though!
 
We went to the sock hop at school.  Grayson was too embarrassed to dance because he didn't know the dances but Matalley was all about dancing wherever she could.  She went up to the stage to show off.

 Also forgot to include pics of her on cowboy day with her friends. Giddy up!

1 comment:

TMac said...

There is a lot of traveling going on in that game! I can't believe the refs didn't call it. ;) I love the pics of M in her dance costumes. She is so much fun!