Saturday, May 26, 2012

Endings

While traveling tonight, Matt and I were lamenting on how watching children is like watching a vaudeville act.  We could make lot of money if we just had our video camera running constantly.  Where is that reality show?  As I write this Lola is Stevie Wonder-ing to some french music while standing in her crib.  Earlier, Grayson spilled his milk at dinner and Matalley volunteered to get more napkins....this meant circling around the restaurant searching for the napkin holder while Grayson frantically tried to pick up spilled milk with drippy scraps and proceeded to spill his milk glass a couple more times. I know we'll miss it when this season of life ends.

Last week marked the end of Matalley's school (isn't she cute with her friends?) and this week marks the end of Grayson's year of Kindergarten.  As we prepare for the summer, I have NOTHING planned.  Last year, due to Lola's impending arrival, I had the whole summer planned by the end of March.  So hopefully this week, I'll have the opportunity to sit down and at least sign up for one or two fun things...we'll I'll go nuts if we don't have at least one camp/class/activity scheduled.  Spending time with the grandparents is definitely on the list.  We have a few trips to CO planned and then last week we went to Bobo's retirement party, which means she's freed up (at least we hope). 

Grayson's kindergarten program included a series of awards.  Grayson won the 'true friend' award.  He befriends everyone and even took in a new kid a few weeks ago.  I was super proud! Way to go G-man!

1 comment:

TMac said...

I know our high school always did cheer camps in the summer that I loved when I was a kid and my mom farmed me out to any Christian vacation bible school in town. Looking forward to seeing what you guys are up too!