We had dinner first and my brother did not take one serious picture the whole night!
Doesn't this sweet couple look great?
But this couple is even sweeter...
I met the band Gloriana
My sibs just before Alan came out. Red Rocks is such a great venue!
It was a special treat to hang with my nieces and focus solely on them. Such sweet girls! And my sister had us over for a birthday dinner and her house is amazing...can't believe it only took her a month to move in! I also went to a Beth Moore conference in Colorado Springs with my college roomie. All in all it was a great long weekend.
While I was away, Bobo and Pops helped Matt with the kids. I think they all enjoyed their adventures. The older two thought Lola getting a bath in the sink was hilarious.
They visited the Panhandle Plains Museum for the opening of Pioneer Town in which they made multiple visits to the "port-a-potty" (i.e. outhouse) and had lots of questions for Matt all about it.
Just before I left, we visited the library and Barnes and Noble to obtain our free books for the summer reading program. At B&N, Grayson took a very long time making his selection. He was most impressed with the book about Titanic, asking me lots of questions about this boat that sinks. I told him what I knew and he wanted to know how I knew it. I talked about Molly Brown and her house in Denver and he was quite confused why she didn't sink and curious as to how I met her. I spent the next 3 days talking about the Titanic...question after question. I asked him why he was so curious and he said "because it's interesting." He finally understood that Molly Brown's House is a museum in Denver so I didn't really know her even though she survived the sinking ship. We also agreed to disagree that the ship was a good ship. I told him if it was a good ship, it wouldn't have sunk. He says it was a great ship and we should remember it for being so good and since we know where it is, we should bring it back to the surface and rebuild it. That led to a whole new set of questions. So what is a Mom to do?...I discovered "How's it Made" on the Science Channel. He's been obsessed with that show ever since and no more questions about the Titanic (specifically, I can avoid answering why he can't watch the movie Titanic until he is much older). He can now tell you how they make paper, fireworks, can corn, build boats, etc. It's awesome!
No comments:
Post a Comment