Can't get more American than watching the Olympics and celebrating National Cowboy Day. We were mesmerized by the opening ceremonies
while eating our USA pepperoni pizza and Olympic Ring pineapple and bacon pizza (yes, the rings are upside down but pretend the pizza is facing the computer).
Both asked a zillion questions about the opening ceremonies...about the city planners for the industrial revolution, Matalley said, "Are they all presidents?" (I think they looked like Abe Lincoln too). Grayson really wanted to skip to the entrance of the athletes and I was worried, he'd be disappointed that they were just walking in, but he was so interested in all the flags. Of course, when I asked if he'd like to draw the flags of the different countries, he looked at me like I was crazy. We're continuing the celebration with British meals...bangers and mash, fish and chips, and London Broil.
Then on Saturday, we went to the American Quarter Horse museum to celebrate National Cowboy day (none of us dressed the part...sorry cowboys). The kids had fun, making a rope, learning about chuck-wagons,
riding horses,
and taking goofy pictures.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment