Friday, July 27, 2012

Summer Camps

Summer includes summer camps.  Grayson had lego camp last week and built an entire city with other boys his age. Grayson was happy to show off the police station and bike repair shop that he built during the week.
This week he took an art class at the art museum.  I am super impressed with all that he learned and although he can't repeat verbatim the names of the New York School artists he leaned about, I think you can tell from his artwork that he absorbed a lot.

Grayson Sadler:
 Mark Rothko:
Grayson Sadler:
Grace Hartigan:


Grayson Sadler:
 Louise Nevelson:
 Grayson was waiting for me today, as I picked him up, with his artwork exhibited like an art show...all the kids standing by their own artwork. What I especially love about Grayson's work is that he created it all with his spirit.  Some of the other kids had perfect squares on the Rothko and I can see Grayson hearing the assignment and just getting to business...not worrying about the exact size or how straight the lines were and I LOVE it.  It expresses just who he is right now and is beautiful.  They will all be on my wall for a long time:)

No comments: