What were you doing today at 12:12? Bet there are some good stories, weddings, vacations, happy memories. Not me. I was checking on my son in the nurses office at school after he fainted in the cafeteria line. They called an ambulance thinking he was having a seizure but luckily he came to before they got off the phone with 911 and the ambulance was cancelled. I think the fainting is an inherited trait from Matt. It's funny that we can't choose the traits we pass on. If we could, I for sure would not choose fainting. My husband has many other lovely qualities that are much more advantageous to pass on.
I wonder what all I will pass on? Perhaps I will pass on my inability to "freak out" at the slight hint of my kids in danger...not saying it's a good trait but it's odd since I can panic at the sight of spilled milk. When the nurse called today to tell me that Grayson had fallen while standing in the lunch line and they assumed now that he had fainted, I calmly asked if he was okay. When she continued that she thought I better come in to see him, I asked if she expected me to take him home (honestly the thought didn't even occur to me that I needed to stop by; I just assumed they had already sent him back to class). She mentioned that he had been very pale but was talking normally and seemed to be hungry. I explained that with 2 others at home and in the middle of lunch, it might take me a few minutes to get everyone gathered but I quickly made Grayson lunch and took off to the school. I also managed to call my nurse practitioner friend since our pediatrician's office was closed for lunch and Matt.
Grayson was embarrassed but seemed quite normal when the girls and I arrived. He was starving which makes me think that he just had low blood sugar, was hot and probably dehydrated, and maybe even had his knees locked as he was standing in the lunch line. According to the teachers, his face got real red right before his eyes rolled back and he fell (thankfully into a teacher's arms so no concussion). He woke up green/pale and on the floor. I am grateful that it wasn't something more serious. Happy that he was surrounded by staff that sprung into action and took the situation more serious than I did. We had many teachers stop by the nurses office to check in on him and lots of concerned students when he returned to class and even more texts from other Moms when kids were picked up from school (seems Grayson was the topic of conversation at pick-up).
I think Grayson would prefer we all forget about it so that's what I would plan to do if it weren't for that darn timing...now that makes me freak out!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment