We've completed lots of baking over the past few weeks. It started with these cute rice krispie treat ornaments...thank you pinterest.
Then Matalley helped me make Thiples. These were quite tricky since I use my Yaya's recipe which is essentially a little bit of this and a little bit of that. The only thing I know for certain is that she uses 8 egg yolks and 2 eggs (and that's because I counted them when Yaya was "teaching" me to make them). Sometimes I think that she is purposely sabotaging my attempts to copy her because no matter how hard I try, I just don't make them as good as she does. The flavor is good this year, just not as crispy as they should be. Matalley was very good at forming the shapes before I fried them and she loves them as much as I do.
This weekend, we made the gingerbread and sugar cookies, as well as the caramel chocolate pretzels and rolo pretzel bites. Just have the popcorn balls remaining.
I know y'all are jealous of these sprinkled beauties...you should have seen the floor (COVERED in sprinkles).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment