Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Growing Family?

Sunday night, we watched the Superbowl with the rest of America.  The blackout happened right about the kids' bedtime so it was a good stopping point.  Grayson really wanted to watch the rest of the game.  I told him "if the Cowboys ever make it to the Superbowl, you can stay up for the whole game."  He immediately busted into tears and said, "Then I'll never get to watch the Superbowl!"  Poor thing:)

Then Monday, Matalley covered Lola in stickers...that's what the drawer is for:)

As if our house isn't crazy enough to keep up with, last weekend, we found a dog in our alley.  He has a collar but no tags.  I took him to the vet to see if he had a chip and Matt posted signs everywhere.  I contacted ASPCA and the humane society and no one seems to be missing a dog.  He obviously was groomed and is housebroken.  He spent the first two nights and days in our backyard, not in the dog run. He hardly made a peep but the third night it snowed and so we let him in the house.  He has had no issues with the beagles or the kids.  I know he has an owner and is honestly the sweetest dog.
So now we have a dilemma.
  1. We CANNOT have 3 dogs.  I would keep him. if not for the other 2 dogs.
  2. New Dog: he needs to be groomed often, he isn't neutered, and he could have worms or rabies for all I know. I call him Jon so that I won't get attached and the kids call him Westie.  He listens for the most part though doesn't know commands.  He also likes to jump in your lap...I'm sure he was a lap dog in his last home.
  3. Deacon is old...10 years and most beagles only live to be 12.  He has a thyroid condition that causes him to shed A LOT but the medicine causes him to have seizures so we just have hair everywhere.  He likes to get in the trash and jumps up on the furniture (leaving hair) when we are out of the room.  He is also loud and avoids the kids.
  4. Abbey has a heart defect, is afraid of loud noises (seriously how has she not had a heart attack in this loud house?), but allows the kids to do whatever to her.  She barks at birds and people and likes to run away...causing me to be late because I have to go get her.
  5. All the dogs jump up on people when we have guests...and bark excitedly.  Jon is the lightest though.
 What should I do?

No comments: