Friday, March 29, 2013

Easter Lesson

So while the kids are annoying me on this Good Friday.  I am trying to remind myself how much we must annoy God on a daily basis by not listening or doing what we are told.  I don't know why Grayson has Good Friday off or that because our city utilized the school system's snow day, he has to go to school on Memorial Day.  Good Friday is not a happy day despite its term.  Can you imagine how the disciples felt when the tomb closed and they didn't know the resurrection was going to happen?  I would much rather have Memorial Day off and have utilized the snow day today.  Not that Memorial Day is the happiest of days either.  Or better yet, give me/us/him Monday after Easter off so that if we travel, we don't have to return on the BEST HOLIDAY there is.  It is the best holiday because it means despite annoying God, I still get the reward in the end...that's what I'm reminding myself as Grayson beats Matalley with a sword (acting out the Easter story maybe?) and I try not to yell and send them all to their bedrooms for the rest of the day.

Of course, Lola is enjoying it.  I caught her opening up her Easter eggs from school...she'd eaten the candy out of at least 5 of them.  I think it's her favorite holiday too.

No comments: