Monday, April 1, 2013

April Fools on Me

I mopped the kitchen floor three times today (thankful to Norwex that it is super easy to mop the floor multiple times but not so happy that it couldn't stay clean for at least a day).  It started while I was getting breakfast ready and Matalley got Lola out of her crib and into the kitchen.  I turned around and there was a puddle.  It wasn't quite big enough for one of the dogs, but Deacon's getting old so I wouldn't put it past him.  Turns out Lola was missing her diaper, but sad that I accused the dogs and Matalley before discovering it (mom of the year, I know).  Lola has learned to take her clothes off and it's really her most favorite trick right now.  I thought whipping off her shoes immediately upon being buckled in her carseat was annoying, until she started whipping off her clothes as soon as my back turned.  So I cleaned it up and then mopped the floor since she had kind of walked right through the puddle and around the island a few times during my accusation stare down with Deacon. Then while I was taking a shower and the girls were making a BIG mess in the living room, with colored scented markers, Deacon and Abbey decided to go through the kitchen trash which basically means the kitchen trash is strewn throughout the kitchen and trails to the laundry room in attempts to escape my wrath that they know will come when I see the trash can knocked over (nevermind the fact that we purchased a trash can that locks).  It was kitchen trash, so that means round two of the mop because no one wants to smell last night's dinner remains or used teabags any longer than necessary.  Fast forward (or slowly listen to the whining and crying that inevitably make up 1/3 of my day) to Grayson getting home from school and traipsing mud from the bottom of his shoe throughout the entire house, but mainly the kitchen.  When I asked whose footprints were on the floor, Grayson looked at me and said, "mine, I guess" and then went back to doing his homework.  Time for round three...SIGH.  It's good I get so much practice in mopping.  I'm going to win a contest in mopping someday.  I'll be the Karate Mom or something equally as cool. 

In other news, we had 70 degree weather at noon and was 30 degrees cooler by the afternoon soccer practices.  The kids still were in shorts...April Fool's on them. (or me again if it's a snow day tomorrow).

No comments: