Monday, May 20, 2013

Another One Bites the Dust

We have another graduate!  Matalley graduated from Pre-K Thursday night and loved the attention.  As the graduates paraded around the room during the procession, Matalley was waving to everyone like a princess.

I had hoped to upload the video of her talking about Kindergarten and what she wants to be when she grows up but blogger and/or my computer have prevented it.  Here is the paraphrase:
Q: What do you think Kindergarten will be like:
A: When I am bad, I will be sent to the prinicpal's office. 
Q: What will you learn in Kindergarten?
A: Maff (MATH)
Q: What do you want to be when you grow up?
A: A doctor that helps kids.

Now I fully expected her to say she wanted to be a Mom but when I asked her later, she said, "I will.  I'll be a Mom at night and a doctor during the day."  And that makes me smile. It will be fun to show her the video one day if she does become a pediatrician.

She received her diploma proudly
It wasn't too long ago that Grayson was in his red cap and Matalley was hugging him.  Now even though there are smiles, all of the kids are feeling a little yucky.  Lola had strep 2 weeks ago and Matalley came down with it Wednesday (no, she shouldn't have been at graduation but I made an exception and told her not to lick anyone) and then Grayson started feeling yucky when I picked him up from school on Thursday.  Again, the doctor called in a prescription for me but with his fever, I made him skip school and field day on Friday.  He was not happy with me.  Lola now has a sinus thing but since she started the strep thing, I'm hoping we are done with the fevers.  All that to say, I love that they are all happy sick kids.  I caught Matalley eating ALL of her end of the year school party candy and when I said she needed to put it up, she retorted, "But Mom, Candy makes me feel better!"
We were glad to have Bobo and Pops there for the festivities.
Like I said, she was pretty proud of herself...I love this smug look.  Kindergarten, here she comes.

1 comment:

lil' mama said...

Adorable! Congrats Matalley! Hope everyone is feeling 100% soon.