Then lucky me, got to have muffins with a cute first grader at school. Next year, Matalley will join us for Muffins for Moms.
The girls and I watched Grayson compete in the first grade Dynamite Dash. I'm the lame Mom that refused to spend $10 on another t-shirt, especially when we already have a yellow t-shirt. And note for next year, it is difficult to watch your kid dash when it is a sea of same colored shirts. While I was able to spot his red shorts, I will definitely NOT encourage the same colored shirt next year. Every party has a pooper...I asked Grayson if he would want to go to the Opera again (I took him back in February to see an Opera about Harriet Tubman) and he said yes! While both were advertised as kid friendly, Musica Variada was not so much. Grayson was all excited to see the Mariachi music and it just so happened they waited until after intermission. We watched three tenors sing at least 3 songs individually and then 4 or 5 together before intermission. While it was beautiful, it was long and frankly boring because it was in Spanish and there was no acting. So 2 1/2 hours later, we left before the end. I was VERY proud of how well behaved they were (I honestly could have fallen asleep). Matalley said it was good practice for her Noise Camp that she is taking this summer. And Grayson, after realizing that standing and yelling Bravo meant they came back again, refused to stand the second time.
We spent all day Saturday getting our back yard ready for summer and enjoyed an evening on the patio. I think lots of ice cream bars and popsicles will be eaten this way this summer!
Today the kids performed a magic show. Lola figured out that Matalley was just hiding and not really disappearing and wouldn't go along with our incredulous expressions of disbelief. Grayson needs to practice lots more if he's going to convince Lola that he's really magic!
1 comment:
Matalley looks like she's 12 in that backyard pic!
Post a Comment