Since we are currently enjoying temperatures in the high 60s this week, we thought it would be a perfect day to accomplish the "Go to the Zoo" activity on our Summer Fun To Do List. We also, went to library story time and received our final prizes for the summer reading program (on our To Do List), had a picnic (on our To Do List) and met up with friends (on our To Do List). I LOVE checking off lists:) The zoo was great with free Monday and the cooler temps; the animals were all very active. We spent a lot of time with the Lions and sadly, while the kids were taunting them to growl, one of them backed up to the fence and sprayed the kids. It was basically my ultimate nightmare come true...being peed on/marked by a Lion. GROSS!! But also, how cool right?!?! I mean, you don't get that opportunity at those fancy expensive zoos.
We survived and moved on quickly. I think Grayson is trying to understand the Tiger (who just looks pitifully lazy to me)....
Then Matalley, Lola and our friends were much more interested in the water/gas meter behind the bear encampment than they were in the bears which cracked me up.
I tried to get a sweet photo of the kids but they were tired at this point and we still had to go shopping at Target (I think I should get girl scout badges for my shopping trips with the kids).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment