The kids decided today that it would be better if they lived on the street. They told me it was so I could get all my work done without them bothering me and a little because I was mean. Now mind you, this is while I was making them dinner after I took them to the science museum, picnic lunch, and swimming. You should have seen all that they packed...at least 10 pair of underwear, a 12 pack of Dr. Pepper, books, dolls, a variety of camping gear, and some snacks. Does this picture even do it justice?
Convincing them that a night spent outside was not a good idea took FOREVER. Grayson had a logical response for everything that was suggested....where would they get more food? what if it rained? How would they protect themselves?
Grayson pointed out that he did have a knife (boom shakalaka) and the playhouse on the swingset was good shelter and they would get food at school but they were only going to live on the street until the end of August.
I can't keep up. Yesterday I spent a couple hours making Rule Charts for our house...the kids cut the pictures out of the magazines.
We have bedtime, morning, house, playroom and dinner rules...all are very reasonable rules but hopefully will prevent me from repeating myself 15,000 times a day. It could be that it was just too much for them to handle?!?
Maybe I should just stick to the fun stuff....ha, ha, ha, ha, ha. We are finishing up the summer with a trip to Wonderland for Matt's birthday, an Amarillo Sox baseball game, lots of swimming, picnics, and outdoor music concerts.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Great idea on the rule charts. Love that kids cut out the pictures. Enjoy the rest of your summer!
Post a Comment